A metal roof is one of the best investments you can make to your residential or commercial building. A metal roof delivers beauty, longevity, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability for any size building in every region of the country.
In recent years, metal roofing has climbed to the top of the leaderboard of roofing materials. From sheds to high-rise buildings, any roofing contractor could tell you this superstar is taking over the industry in Mishawaka, IN.
Types of Metal Roofing
Depending on your personal style preferences and the structure of your home in Mishawaka, IN, there are several types of metal roofing to choose from.
If you can see bolts on the exterior of a metal roof, it’s likely classified as “Exposed fastener metal roofing.” In this style, the panels are fastened directly into the roof deck through the face of the metal. You can see where the panel edges lap one another, and see the exposed fastener easily from the ground. This is a classic choice for residential, structural, industrial, and agricultural buildings in Mishawaka, IN. Exposed fastener roofing is less expensive than other metal roofs because it has wider panels and uses a thinner gauge metal. Installation is relatively quick and (because there is no seaming), less labor intensive.
This is also called hidden fastener or concealed fastener because with this type of roofing you can’t see the bolts in the metal, they are hidden within seams. These raised seams, or vertical legs, rise above the level of the panel’s flat area. Because there are no exposed fasteners, standing seam is considered a higher quality system. It is commonly used on architectural and commercial buildings in Mishawaka, IN because it is 100% weather-tight. In fact, many commercial standing seam roofs come with a weather warranty from the manufacturer.
There are different types of vertical seam panels, but they all do the same job. Vertical seam panels are all long-length panels with ribs running from the eave to the ridge of the roof. They are fastened with screws and gaskets that penetrate into the roof decking. Some vertical seam panels have concealed fasteners, others are exposed. This gives a classic and beautiful look in Mishawaka, IN neighborhoods.
Pre-formed panels are available for standard, residential roofing projects in Mishawaka, IN. They are cut and painted before they ever arrive on-site. To install, the preformed panels are interlocked and attached with hidden fasteners directly to the roof deck. They come in a variety of styles and give a clean, beautiful look to a residential roof.
Granular coated panels give the texture of asphalt shingles with the durability of a metal roof. After being fastened to the roof, they are coated with an acrylic coating that has embedded stone granules on the surface to give the asphalt look.
Stamped metal roof shingles are composed of smaller modular panels stamped/pressed together to resemble the look of shake, tile, or slate roofing. Most stamped roofing is made from pre-painted PVDF-coated steel and aluminum, making it a premium roofing material for residential and small commercial applications. It is installed with a four-way interlocking system at all sides of the panel, installed in staggered courses. This allows residential homeowners to match surrounding home styles in Mishawaka, IN and still enjoy the durability of a metal roof.
Metal Roofing Styles
Years ago, metal roofs were the classic aluminum style you’d find on a barn or shed. Today, metal roofing can fit in any style, color, or finish. You can style a beach house, country cottage, mountain cabin, Adobe or mid-century modern with a metal roof by choosing the style, color, and profile of your metal roofing.
- Shingle/Slate: This creates a smooth, uniform look. If you’re looking for classic, understated, traditional roofing in Mishawaka, IN this is a great choice.
- Tile: This gives the full look of a tile roof without the weight (or the cost to maintain). Metal tile has the same curves, colors, and style of a classic tile roof in Mishawaka, IN with a new lightness and strength you can’t get from traditional roofing tiles.
- Shake: Metal shake is a worthwhile alternative to wood shake roofs in Mishawaka, IN. They have the same texture and carry an authentic look, but you have more color options and a much more durable roof.
- Vertical Panel: This is the classic metal roof look that is sleek, practical, and economical. It is often pre-painted to match your home and brings a modern twist to traditional metal roofing.
Benefits of a Metal Roof
Metal roofing is increasingly becoming more popular in Mishawaka, IN and it’s easy to see why. What was once a metallic eyesore is now the elevated, elegant choice for both commercial and residential owners. As more and more people understand the benefits of choosing a metal roof over traditional shingles, the metal roofing industry skyrocketed to win the roofing popularity contest. Here are just some of the jaw-dropping benefits of a metal roof:
- Longevity: If you’re building a structure to last through the generations, you want metal roofing. Traditional roofing lasts between 10-20 years, a metal roof will last at least 50. Sometimes the same roof can last up to 60-70 years, depending on the material. This makes it a great choice for family homes or buildings in Mishawaka, IN that you plan on using for a long time.
- Safety: Metal roofs are virtually indestructible. They will not spark and ignite into flames during a wildfire or lightning strike which is why they are traditionally used in cabins and farms. However, they can also tolerate extreme temperatures on both ends of the spectrum and hold up to snow, ice, wind, and hail. In fact, insurance companies give discounts of up to 35 percent to homes in Mishawaka, IN with metal roofs.
- Eco-Friendly: This is becoming an increasingly important aspect of roofing, especially for large structures. Metal roofs are eco-friendly from start to finish. They are manufactured with 25-95% recycled content and 100% recyclable at the end of their life. Because of the process used to make asphalt shingles, they are often not recyclable and must go to the landfill every time they’re replaced.
- Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat, which means your home doesn’t have to work as hard to stay cool. This can reduce cooling costs by 10-25% in most areas. There may also be tax credits available in Mishawaka, IN for putting metal roofs on your principal residence.
- Maintenance: Metal roofs are basically maintenance free. They have unbeatable durability against wind, hail damage, fire, and more.
- Resale Value: Because of each of these benefits, if a roofing contractor installs a metal roof today you can ensure you’ll sell your home at a higher price in the future.
Why Choose Perfect Steel Solutions
We do metal roofing right the first time and become we’re your partner in protecting your home, family, and business for life. There are dozens of roofing contractors in Mishawaka, IN, but there is only one perfect choice – and that’s Perfect Steel Solutions.
Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty
As a certified roofing contractor, we provide a lifetime limited warranty on all of our metal roofs. This warranty is based on the premises of the original installation and is good for the entire lifetime of the original purchaser/property owner, and/or an additional 15 years for the succeeding owner.
Upfront and Honest Pricing
A metal roof is an investment. We create our pricing structure so you are clear on what you’re paying without hidden fees or surprise costs. We make each quote crystal clear so you can purchase with confidence.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Many roofing contractors in Mishawaka, IN show up when it’s time to install and you never hear from them again. That’s not our style. We are there when you need us most. If you have a leaky roof, a shaky window, or a problem with your drainage, we are working around the clock to help. No matter what the issue, you can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and our team in Mishawaka, IN is here for you.
Free In-Home Estimates
If you’re interested in an estimate, give us a call. Let our team of roofing contractor experts come inspect your home in Mishawaka, IN and receive a free estimate for pricing today. There’s no obligation to buy anything, we just look forward to the opportunity to see you!
Metal Roof FAQs