PERFECT STEEL SOLUTIONS
“My husband and I had considered doing new windows in our home in the past but never thought too seriously about it. We had our free estimate and gathered a ton of helpful information. Once installation day came, everything went very smoothly. All of the workers were nice and professional and got the old windows out and the new windows in in a timely manner. I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone looking to get new windows!”
– Chelsea Rager, Fort Wayne, IN
Replacing windows in your home can upgrade your home’s aesthetic and increase your resale value. If your home still feels chilly in the winter or hot in the summer despite your HVAC system working overtime, it may be time to think about how your home’s windows are working.
We deliver replacement windows that are valuable, energy-efficient, easy to operate and maintain, and beautiful, all in one.
What Is a Replacement Window?
Replacement windows are custom-built to fit within the opening of an existing window. A window replacement project can be done without disturbing the interior or exterior and is a common home upgrade to save on energy costs.
Warning Sign You Need to Either Repair or Replace Your Windows
Most windows will last you 30 years or more, but there comes a time when your windows no longer function as they should. Sometimes you are able to repair and restore your original windows but choosing to install new replacement windows is often easier and less expensive in the long run.
- Windows Gets Foggy: Your windows may appear foggy in the morning hours, but if they are clouding up all the time it’s usually a sign they are not sealed properly. If your windows are letting outside air in, your HVAC system has to work overtime. In this case, it’s time to consider a more energy-efficient upgrade.
- The Window Is Difficult to Open and Close: A window that is difficult to open or close has likely warped over time. Warping may also indicate the window has gaps, cracks, or is leaking air.
- Bugs and Insects are Getting in Your Home: Bugs and insects will search for a cozy home anywhere, but don’t make it yours. Wooden window frames may shrink over time, aluminum can warp, and window screens may be compromised to let bugs and insects in your home. If this is happening, it’s time to consider an upgrade.
- Visible Crack on the Windows: This is a clear sign you need replacement windows. Not only does it look shabby, but cracks also let in air and moisture every day turning small problems into bigger ones.
- Window Frames Decaying and Rotted: Over time, heavy rain and humidity will seep into the wood and cause decay and rot. Discoloration, crumbling wood, or soft sorts are common signs of rot. If not treated, rot can move throughout your home.
- Rotting Drip Cap: The drip cap acts like a tiny awning at the top of the window frame to stop moisture from seeping into your house. If the drip caps get damaged or are missing it leaves your entire window susceptible to damage and rot.
- Window Paint is Chipped and Peeling: Chipping and peeling paint makes your home look run down while also increasing the risk of wood rot.
- Leaky Windows: When it rains outside, it should stay outside. If you get droplets coming in through your windows, it’s time to call a professional. Any moisture allowed inside the home is a breeding ground for mold, cracks, weakness in the walls, and structural issues.
- Worn Caulking: This is one area where a quality repair may solve the problem. Caulking seals gaps and prevents drafts, bugs, and humidity from sneaking into your home.
- Noise Coming Through the Windows: If you can hear what is going on outside, it may be because your windows are not sealed correctly or were poor quality windows to begin with. New replacement windows insulated with Argon gas can decrease outdoor noise and increase insulation.
- You Feel a Breeze: Do you feel a breeze from your windows when they’re closed? If so, it could be due to poor installation or faulty seals. This can drastically change the overall temperature of your home.
- High Energy Bills: Anytime your windows aren’t doing their job, your HVAC system must work overtime. This results in significantly higher energy bills.
10 Benefits of Installing a New Window
If you’re worried about the time, expense, or hassle of installing new windows, it’s worth considering the additional benefits new replacement windows bring to your home and family.
- Easy To Maintain: No one enjoys spending their weekend cleaning the windows. Older windows require tall ladders, specialized equipment, and hours of time to clean, lubricate, and maintain. New windows require very little maintenance and are easier to clean with innovative tilt-in features.
- Better Soundproof: Some windows insulate significantly better than others. New windows provide the best in minimizing drafts, temperature fluctuations, and noise.
- Increase Your Home Value: Full window replacement project may represent a significant investment of money, but this can work to your advantage. A home with new windows often provides a faster and more lucrative sale.
- Save You Money Now and Later: When you factor in the energy savings month after month, window replacement is one of the best home improvements you can make. Older windows account for 70 percent of heat loss, replacing those will pay you back month after month.
- Improve Home Security and Safety: Windows that are painted shut or difficult to open can be a serious safety hazard if you need to escape the home quickly. On the other hand, loose windows that don’t lock can also be potentially dangerous. New windows provide the best of both worlds and keep your family safe and sound.
- Reduced Dust and Allergens: New windows with blinds and shades between the glass can eliminate the need for dusting and reduce the allergens in your home.
- Improved Home Comfort: New properly installed dual-or triple-pane windows reduce cold drafts, hot spots, and UV rays. These updated windows make your living environment consistently comfortable and lower your energy costs.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy-efficient windows such as double-hung windows reduce wear on your furnace and air conditioner, helping you to save money every month.
- UV Protection: Natural light is beautiful, but excessive UV rays can cause fading on your indoor furniture, carpet, artwork, and paint. New windows with added protection from UV rays act like sunscreen for your home.
- Keep Out Moisture: Even small amounts of moisture can lead to mold. Installing new casement windows ensure that moisture is being kept out of your home, especially during the rainy season.
Types Of Windows Replacement Service We Offer
At Perfect Steel Solutions, our job is to provide you with the window styles you want, while bringing you the durability and performance you need. Our two most popular types of windows are vinyl and composite.
Vinyl Replacement Windows: Today’s vinyl is more durable, resistant to moisture, humidity, and decay than any other material.
Benefits of Vinyl Windows
- Increase insulting property providing excellent energy efficiency.
- Exceptional durability and a lifespan of 30 years or more.
- A low-maintenance window such as a vinyl casement window will not peel, blister, or fade over time.
Composite Replacement Windows: Composite windows have the charm of a classic wood window without maintenance and fragility.
Benefits of Composite Windows
- Composite will outlive most vinyl window options with a 40-year lifetime.
- Composite window, especially picture window requires little to no maintenance throughout the year other than regular cleaning.
- Excellent Insulation for all homes, especially those in colder climates where insulation is essential.
FAQs About Window Replacement
Why Choose Perfect Steel Solution
At Perfect Steel, our price includes it all. You know exactly what you’re paying for – no hidden fees and no additional worries.
In addition, we provide a warranty that provides coverage for life, based on the premises of the original installation. We are proud to work with those in Fort Wayne, IN, and the surrounding areas to provide you and your family protection and durability for generations.
Windows That Gives You the Perfect View
Today, the best windows are packed full of cutting-edge features that serve the home and its occupants better than ever before. Replacement windows are a popular improvement for homeowners and Perfect Steel Solutions can help you achieve the look and efficiency you’re seeking.
If you’re looking to replace or install new vinyl windows in your home in Fort Wayne, IN, or surrounding areas we’d be happy to help. Give us a call today for more information.